A Message from the Team
As a member of the Turnaround Network, our students receive support in all academic areas as well as in areas of social-emotional growth and development. Specific benefits include:
- Addition of an Assistant Principal, a Climate Manager, Climate Coordinators, and a School Counselor.
- A blended learning program through i-Ready.
- New curriculum materials in Reading and Mathematics: Ready Gen and Collections in literacy, and Envisions in Math.
- Addition of Academic Coaches, a Reading Specialist, and a partnership with Children’s Literacy Initiative.
- Reduced class sizes in grades K-2 with 22 students per class.
- Addition of a School Intervention Support Liaison to assist with school attendance and to support the revitalization of a SAC.
- Development of an Arts Academy to support students with interests in music and arts development.
- Participation in a PBIS initiative to support a safe and supportive school climate.
At the William C. Bryant Promise Academy, we believe that all children can achieve and succeed. We work in partnership with parents, universities, and the larger community to develop students that have the skill set, civic awareness, and work ethic necessary to succeed in higher education and beyond. We have several points of pride: Philadelphia Eagles Youth Partnership, Cobbs Creek Environmental Program, Instrumental Music, Literacy through the Arts Program, Eagles Eye Mobile Partnership, and piano music studio (made possible by a generous grant from the MAGID Foundation).
Inherent in any quality instructional program, is a rigorous curriculum. At Bryant Promise Academy, we implement the School District of Philadelphia’s curriculum with fidelity. Our goal is to help students make real-world, authentic connections; thus, making learning meaningful and memorable. The teachers and staff at Bryant Promise Academy take pride in being child-centered and determined in our mission to help all of our students succeed academically and socially.
Our mission is to establish a student-centered instructional program that enables all children to develop academic, social, and cultural skills. We are committed to accommodating all students using common proficiency standards as delineated in the School District of Philadelphia’s Core Curriculum. We believe our mission is best accomplished by shared accountability and active home, school, and community partnerships.